Sunday, November 25, 2012

31 Days of Halloween--Day 31 NO WAY OUT (2011)


Happy Halloween, everyone!  I made it through 31 Days of Horror, barely, despite a wicked cold, a hurricane, and power and internet outages.  Wooooo!  As I've said before, I'm so impressed with so many of my favorite writers who not only post diligently and consistently, but with insight and thoughtfulness (check out my list off to the side for my favorites).

One thing I could not have done without this month--Short films.  I have grown to appreciate their wit and artistry, and the way that these storytellers can make so much with so little, whether it's time, money, or star power.  So, I'd like to end my 31 Days with this rather horrifying film by Kristoffer Aaron Morgan, No Way Out (2011).  The film was shot over two days for less than $3000, and it is damn effective.  I kept saying to myself over and over, "corn syrup and chocolate sauce, corn syrup and chocolate sauce."  This film is not for the fainthearted, so beware.  You can see a beautiful, crisp version here.