Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Paper PROMETHEUS


There's a real art to making a gorgeous, pulse-pumping, thrill-inducing movie trailer.  In fact, trailers have changed quite a bit in the last decade, as Michael Berthal points out in "The Movie Trailer Revolution" on Salon.com.  In fact, the trailer that really has had me jones-ing for the big screen theatrical experience over the last couple of months has undeniably been the one for Ridley Scott's Prometheus (2012), which opens this Friday in the U.S., but has been released globally to decidedly mixed reviews.  Whatever. Idris Elba, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender!?  I'd see that bunch in ANYTHING, and this film might be a prequel to Ridley Scott's genius film Alien (1979)!  I'm hoping to see it Monday, when the rest of the world is at work (although I cannot see in 3D, so that's a bit of a bummer).

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks that the Prometheus trailer is super-awesome.  Thank you Travis Betz!