Friday, October 26, 2012

31 Days of Horror--Day 24 Eugenio Receunco's Haunted Images


I am an enormous fan of Eugenio Receunco's fashion photography.  In fact, every time you visit my blog, you see a piece of his work, as a still from his Regione Campania ad is the iconic image for my site.  Here is the ad from which it comes:


I'd keep the video small, though.  It looks a little wonky blown up to full screen.

His set-pieces are intricate and unsettling, and he has a wonderful sense of space.  As I have been exploring many dark fairytales over the last week or so, I thought that I should give this visionary his due.

Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast 2
The Pied Piper
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
The Princess and the Pea
Snow White
Of course, one of my favorite images is really scary and disturbingly sexual.  He certainly puts Alice in Wonderland in a different light.  Innocence Lost.